There is the error named 2000-0511, which arsies in DELL laptops very frequently. This normally appears when user tries turning machine ON. The situation becomes really annoying when computer doesn’t really start and user gets irritated. It doesn’t let yo do any work properlyu and you can’t perform any operation basically. The same is caused by BIOS misconfiguration and FAN compatibility issues. Sometimes, CPU and motherboards are also the causes too.
Steps to Fix Dell Error Code 2000-0511
Numerous Dell Laptop users widely experience theseg technical errors in accessingtheir Dell Inspiron Laptops. Dell has a quite good knowledge base – so you could bookmark that as a starting point along with the microsoft site – but google will take you there anyway so may as well open the google search page and start there. The virtue in doing this step for yourself is you just might see a casual reference to something that is the key to your problem – rather than me making a best guess when in all honesty nobody has experience of this dilemma.
One of the most common errors is Error Code 2000-0511, which appears unexpectedly when someone tries to turn on Dell Laptop. It is quite annoying situation for most of them because when the error occurs, the computer doesn’t work fine. So, ifyou are currently having an exactly the same issue with your Dell Inspiron Laptop, and unable to perform any operation on your system, and it’s not working smoothly, you can please try out below solutions
Change Fan Setting To Fix Fan Issue
The Error Code 2000-0511 possible cause due to an error as fan failed to re spond correctly. It is a recommendation for you, if you are able to change the fan setting, then you can only attempt it. θDell typically uses the high-quality industrial fans for reliability reasons. The Dell fan error message not only can’t be disabled but usually needs to be cle ared from the SYSLOG in the BIOS even after the fan is repaired. I would sug gest using the Dell fan as your new cooler. BTW Throttlestop software can unl ock that QX6700 multiplier for you. Heatsinks on the VRM MOSFETs usually h elp too. +1 800 582 2431
Reseat the Hard Drive
The other reasons for happening this error message due to hard drive reasons. You should try to reset the hard drive and then run the test on the hard drive again. Reseat the hard drive if you are comfortable in doing so.You should try to run diagnostics on your Dell system.
Follow these steps to do this task:-θFirst, restart the computer and press “F12” key to enter the “Boot Menu”.θNext he boot device list appears, highlight “Diagnostics” and then press “Enter” key.θThen the computer begins to run the “Pre-boot System Assessment”, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and displayθWhen the“Pre-boot System Assessment completes” successfully, then you will receive the message “Booting Dell Diagnostic Utility Partition”.θPress any key to continue.θ
Press any key to start the “Dell Diagnostics” from the “Diagnostics utility partition” on your hard driveθAfter the Dell Diagnostics loads and the “Main Menu” screen appears.θThen you will need to hit the button for the option that you want to run, such as Express Test, Extended Test, Custom Test, and Symptom Tree.θFollow the steps and finish a run test, and then close the screen to return to the “Main Menu” screen
It could also be a communication error between the system board and the fan. Update BIOS to the latest version and check if this solves the problem. If not, disconnect the fan and connect it back again and check again.You can also try to run diagnostics on your Dell system. Follow these steps to do this task:-
- First, restart the computer and press “F12” key to enter the “Boot Menu”.
- Next he boot device list appears, highlight “Diagnostics” and then press “Enter” key.
- Then the computer begins to run the “Pre-boot System Assessment”, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
- When the Pre-boot System Assessment completes” successfully, then you will receive the message “Booting Dell Diagnostic Utility Partition”.
- Press any key to continue.
- Press any key to start the “Dell Diagnostics” from the “Diagnostics utility partition” on your hard drive
- After the Dell Diagnostics loads and the “Main Menu” screen appears.
- Then you will need to hit the button for the option that you want to run, such as Express Test, Extended Test, Custom Test, and Symptom Tree.
- Follow the steps and finish a run test, and then close the screen to return to the “Main Menu” screen.
- Then you should make a note of the error message, which you will display on your Dell system, and need to apply the troubleshooting steps for the same to fix it.
- In this way, you can diagnostic the test and complete the process.
Try updating BIOS. It’s advised you that should update to the latest BIOS to solve & Fix Dell Error Code 2000-0511.
Follow these steps to do the task:-
- Open your Web browser and navigate to the Dell Support home page.
- Hit on the “Find Drivers, BIOS, and other updates” link underneath the “Drivers & Downloads” subheading.
- Hit on the field “Service Tag or Express Service Code” and then enter the appropriate code for your Inspiron computer.
- Click on the arrow next to “BIOS” to expand the section.
- Find the “Dell-BIOS” entry with the latest release date and click on the “Download File” link for that entry.
- Hit on the “Download Now” button in the window that opens.
- Simply launch the BIOS update by double-clicking the setup file, then it should have a filename in the format of “I519-106.exe.” Hit “Update” in the window that opens to begin the BIOS update. When the update has completed, you will see “Flash BIOS successfully.”
- Click “OK” followed by “Yes” to reboot your computer and finish the update.
Note: It sounds like your hdd is going bad Lets use dell diagnostics boot to f12..by hitting the power button a start tapping the f12 key light and fast when the menu appears select diagnostics. Run the hardware tests if the hdd is failing I would do the following buy a wd pocket passport.
Use WD tools to clone the hdd to the external Open the passport up remove the usb adapter swap covers then put in the new HDD.
Now put the other cover on the old hdd as well as the usb adaptor …you can try it as an external later if you like.
What causes errors and performance problems? Windows errors can occur for a number of reasons, including programs not installing or uninstalling properly, malware, system conflicts, Active X errors, and the most common, registry errors. PC registry errors occur over time due to the constant writing, editing and deleting of information from your computer’s registry over time as programs are installed, modified and removed.
Over time, conflicts and errors can occur due to a buildup of unnecessary registry entries as well as partially deleted and incorrect information. Many malware and spyware programs can also cause unwanted changes to your PC registry, which leads to the errors and reduced PC performance you are likely experiencing. In some cases, registry errors can be occurring without you noticing. They are still harmful and should be fixed regularly.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to optimize your PC’s performance and stability. This repair tool has been proven to identify and fix ActiveX and Windows registry errors, delete junk files, temporary files and processes, decrease startup times, restore lost memory on your hard drive, protect confidential information, open unknown files, defrag your PC, remove malware and other various errors. This utility makes your computer run smoothly and at its maximum potential.
Last but not the least; Other causes may include:
Registry errors generally occur when new programs are installed over old ones without the old programs being completely uninstalled. This can cause registry pile-ups and error messages. Another potential cause of these error messages can come from malicious software such as adware, spyware, and viruses.
You can try any of the mentioned steps but these are not limited. If still you are noit able to solve the issue, it is highly recommended to take machine to some hardware expert because hardware issue sin this case are more frequent. Moreover, you can check other stuff too online for taking help from software or hardware experts to rectofy the things. This wil not only solve your issues but will also provide you with greater experiences so that if anything same happes in future, you don’t look for similar solutions and try solving byyour own self.