Many users have reported this C2-12828-1 Error when they try installing or running latest hack of PS Vita 3.6, which is of Henkaku. Some of them experience the same especially when they boot for the first time. Rebooting the console has solved the issue for them but almost everyone had not been so lucky.
As per Sony, issue raises for Error c2-12828-1 when game hangs up while running. This occurs due to improper application processing. If the same occurs after restoring the system, saved data corrupts immediately. Some of the major fixes include restarting the system, reformatting the PS, deleting application’s cache or saved data, or reformatting the memory card. If error still continues, one should contact the consumer service of SONY.
Causes and Fixes
Error can be due to any reason but if it is through any software corruption, we can solve the same. The error can be caused due to several reasons. Let us briefly discuss one by one including the possible solutions too for having better idea and understanding
RinCheat Plugin – A very basic cause of the error is RinCheat plugin. Basically, it is used by many uses to apply basic cheats to the game. The main features of the same include:
- Real-time cheats with cheats database support.
- Real-time memory scanner with (partial) heap scanner and main thread stack scanner.
- Decrypted save data exporter/importer with multiple save slots.
- Improved screenshot feature (no compression) in any game and any situation.
- FTP Server during gaming phase.
- Possibility to change console clockage with CPU, GPU, BUS, GPU Crossbar support.
- Possibility to disable Auto Suspend feature while in game.
- Possibility to stream PSVITA screen to PC while gaming.
So, as we discussed, this plugin uses cheats functionality, therefore, sometimes this plugin causes this C2-12828-1 error letting game to hang. Rebooting the console even also not works.
Solution for the same includes disabling the same where users can enjoy seamless game-playing.
Corrupted Database – Second cause for Error C2-1282801 is a corrupted database. This happens when any of the executable or a system file gets corrupted due to some technical mistake. This may also be caused if any file is missing or some malfunctioned plugin is installed.
Possible solution includes rebuilding of the database. This is a fix mostly applied. Nobody surely can’t explain the technicalities, but most of the users just know from personal experience that it works. Basically, go to the safe menu (either hold down power button until screen goes dark, or “R” button + PS button + Power button for 5 seconds while the vita is off) and select the “Rebuild database option”.
WARNING! if you have a HENkaku enabled Vita, this will delete all plugins!
Memory Card – Sometimes, there remain some files, extensions, images, documents, or personal stuff, which corrupts the memory card resulting in Error C2-12828-1. The card is left with no option in that case except formatting the same. Memory card, if accessed through USB, creates more problems and issues in this regard.
This is the ultimatum, the worst case scenario. This is what you do especially when fix 1 doesn’t work. It will erase the entire memory card (photos , save data, etc.) By definition, the same will perfectly fix the issue, basically by nuking it out of existence. Only this has to be done when fix one is failed. It is recommended to create a backup of the memory card on your computer
Please note: Only copying all game data over will work and then the formatting. This is the only way you at least have all of your data saved and ready to be transferred slowly back to your system.
Other Potential Solutions
Many users have been running into error C2-12828-1 and here’s what some people recommend (don’t do all of those, try each one after the other and see what works for you:
- Delete your cookies in the PS Vita Browser, then try again (thanks FallenLeader)
- Try to turn off the Vita, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again and visit the HENkaku site again.
- Try to start the PS Vita in Safe Mode (turn the Vita off, then press “R” button + PS button + Power button for 5 seconds while the vita is off) and use the rebuild database option
- Format the memory card
- Reset your Wifi settings
Steps to fixing:
- Delete all games and apps you no longer need
- Sync trophies / save-data with PSN server and do a full backup of your Vita using Content Manager Assistant. Basically hook up the Vita with a PC running Content Manager Assistant and copy over everything.
- Remove any game card from the system.
- Turn Vita off completely -> turn Vita on in SAFE MODE -> using Power button, PS button + R trigger to start it up.
- At SAFE MODE screen select option (3) to Format Memory Card
- Afterwards turn Vita on in SAFE MODE again, and select option (4) to Restore PS Vita System
- Once again, get your Vita back to SAFE MODE and select option (2) to Rebuild Database
- Turn your Vita on regularly and it should look fresh again. Icons everywhere. Don’t bother with changing any settings as the backup has it all; though you will have to re-arrange icons. At this point, go into Settings -> Format -> Format Memory Card (one last time).
- Then get back to Settings and connect the Vita to your usual internet connection and sign in to your PSN so that it is authenticated.
- Open Content Manager application on the Vita and Restore From Backup – connect to where your backup is stored.
- After all is done, the icons are shufffled so get them re-arranged, make sure your time is set right using the internet
Note: For some games the data was apparently so corrupted so it could not be restored. This happened for round about 5 out 30 games. I re-downloaded these games and downloaded save-data from PSN. After all that was done, I was able to use my Playstation Vita as expected. The whole procedure especially re-downloading some larger games was cumbersome but in the end I seem to have a stable system now.
- To fix this error in most game dumps, users have exclusively found a working (tested) exploit. These include:
- Using Molecular Shell, just disable the Amphetamin.suprx in “ux0:/plugins/game.txt” by setting the value from “1” to “0”.
- You will notice that C2-12828-1 issue may occur in most cases due to an amphetamin plugin incompatibility (Many of them have tested with version 3.3 better amphetamin) and most confirm that it seems a bug in this plugin to make the game crash on boot.
Note: Be careful that some games may need the proper sce_module fix too in addition to this exploit (plugins disabled). Or a db.app rebuild too. Get a try, maybe you will need to re-download the dump from another source too! Notice that some games are dumped but not tested, and they could be uploaded/dumped with errors.
NOTICE: According to the experts, the following steps are recommended for a correct installation of the dump to void the C2 error;
- Download a [TNW] dump. TNW stands for Tested and Working;
- Ensure if it will (or won’t) need the proper sce_module fix too and merge it with Filezilla. Just google for them;
- Transfer the whole .VPKs by using the cable (mp4 rename method in the video folder) and not the Filezilla ftp;
- Disable the amphetamin.suprx in ux0:/plugins by setting it to 0 value in game.txt. Just to be sure, I disabled the rinCheat.suprx too. You can try to disable all plugins if you won’t see any result;
- Some games (like Soul Sacrifice USA and Ninja Gaiden 2 + EU) comes with “corrupted” steroid.suprx in the ux0:/app/GAMEID/sce_module, so you have to delete it too after you have installed the game;
- After the installation, rebuilt the database in recovery mode and reboot the ps vita.
- At this point, if the game still won’t work, at 90% you have to re-download it again but from another source.
Some of the possible fixes we have already mentioned in the same and there can be more. It always depends on the nature of error and the environment in which it has taken place. It would be best to address the issue with proper and full information so that any of the experts can help you in better ways.
The ones we have presented are general fixes and hopefully, most of them will solve your issues with this error.Last but not the least, if the same doesn’t work for you in anyway, you should consult the device manufacturer of the company itself because maybe, eror caused int hat case is due to hardware if not software