Are you stranded whenever you try to send emails and notice the error 007? It’s quite unfortunate since Gmail is one of the most commonly used email networks across the globe. The main suspects that may trigger this error are lab features. So, what is lab features related to Gmail?
These are some of the new options that are used by Gmail users. Users are at liberty to enable or disable these features. One of the prevalent issues that arise whenever these lab features are used is error 007. Read on to find everything you need to know about Gmail error 007 and find the most recommended solutions to this problem.
Causes of Gmail Error Code 007
Have you been thinking of some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing Gmail error 007? Here are some of the reasons:
- A virus in your computer system
- Issues with HyperText Transfer Protocols
- Problems with Web servers/ browsers
- Unable to click on anything
- Unable to refresh the email page
How to Fix Gmail Error 007
What are some of the best ways you can solve Gmail error 007? Since several reasons cause this error, there are also many methods that you can use to fix this type of error. We will discuss all the possible solutions that you can apply to solve Gmail error 007. You should follow the steps keenly to avoid conflict or confusion.
Solution 1: Clearing All the Cookies and Cache from your Browser
Do you know that just clearing cookies and cache from your chrome may fix Gmail error 007?
Follow these easy steps and see if it will work for you:
- Find and click the three dots located at the top right side of your browser window. Proceed and click on Settings. You will notice the Settings tab. Scroll down until you see Show Advanced Settings option and then select it.
- You should then choose the Content Settings option that is situated beneath the section Privacy and security.
- Did you see the Cookies option? Beneath the sections Cookies, select See all cookies and site data.
- Finally, click on the option Clear Data and then Done button.
Did that fix the error code Gmail 007? If no, let’s proceed to solution two below.
Solution 2: Disabling Background Send
One of the possible reasons for the Gmail error code 007 is that Background send is not turned off. Do you know anything Background send? Well, let’s find out. Background send means that after exiting your Gmail window, your account can continue sending the email that may trigger Gmail error 007.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Secondly, click on the gear type icon that is located at the top right side of the Gmail window.
- You should then click on the Settings and then proceed by looking for the Lab tab.
- Find the Background send and click Disable.
Solution 3: Check for Browser updates
Another potential reason you may be a victim of Gmail error code 007 is using an outdated browser. If that’s the case, you will need to update your browser to fix this problem.
Chrome usually updates automatically, but it is also recommended to check if your browser is up-to-date. This will ensure that it is functioning correctly.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the browser settings window
- Search for the Check for updates button
Solution 4: Disabling your Browser’s Extensions
Extensions, too, can be the reason behind the Gmail error code 007. Do you have any installed extensions before experiencing the error? If not so, previous extensions can trigger this type of error. Sometimes the extension needs an update, thus causing issues. If you choose to disable such extensions, the error may disappear.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- After opening your Google chrome, click the three dots that are located on the top right side of your browser window.
- Did you see the option for More tools? Click on More tools and then proceed by choosing the option Extensions.
- The final step is to Disable all your extensions.
Did that solve the error? If so, one of the extensions must have been messing up with your system. If the error persists, then try solution five below.
Solution 5: Scan for Viruses
It’s recommended that you scan your computer regularly for viruses or malware. Failure to scan your computer regularly will always make it susceptible to infections and malware.
Downloading some of the trusted antiviruses will always make your computer healthy and safer. You should then scan deeply for viruses that may be causing the Gmail error 007. Ensure that you select on the option full computer scan. Did this solve your issue? If not, then let’s proceed to solution six below.
Solution 6: Disable Email Signature from Avast or any other antivirus
Are you using antiviruses such as Avast, AVG, and McAfee? If so, this may be the reason you are experiencing Gmail error 007 as opposed to a problem in Gmail email servers. Antiviruses such as Mcfee, Avast, and AVG are commonly known for causing this type of error whenever they are restricted not to scan the email signature.
The only way to stop this from happening is to instruct your antivirus to stop scanning the email signatures that are sent. The below steps may differ depending on the type of antivirus you use, but you will always find this option named Scan Email Signature.
Here are the steps you need to follow if you use AVG and Avast:
- Open your AVG antivirus and proceed to Setting>General.
- The final step is to deactivate the checkbox that is related to Email Signature and click on Save.
- When you use Avast, Open your Avast antivirus and go to Settings>General.
- You should then disable the checkbox near the Enable Avast email signature and select save.
- Restart your browser and find out if the issue is solved.
Did that solve the Gmail error 007? At times you may not be able to find the settings that restrict antivirus from checking the signature of emails you send. In this case, you can temporarily disable your security suite whenever you want to send mails.
Keep in mind that this is not advisable, but it will help you solve the error if that’s the case. You can also look for other antiviruses that are not that strict with signature emails such as using the built-in Windows Defender. Windows Defender will never interrupt your outgoing email signatures.
Solution 7: Using a Different Browser
This solution may appear weird but will work if your antivirus doesn’t have a built-in setting that commands it to avoid scanning the signature emails. You should try using a different web browser apart from Firefox for you to escape the Gmail error 077. This solution will be the best fit for you if you can’t afford to change to another antivirus.
Try sending you failed email using browsers such as Gmail and Opera via Gmail Web app. Hopefully, your outgoing email should be successfully delivered.
Solution 8: Disable Avast Email Shield
At some point, Gmail error 007 may be triggered by the email virus protection feature present in the Avast antivirus. This feature usually scans and checks for the presence of any virus or malware in your email inbox or even spam folder.
Here are the steps you need to follow to disable this feature:
- Open your Avast antivirus from the system tray and choose the Settings option that is situated at the lower left.
- Choose on the Components that are located on the left tab.
- You should then turn off the button toggle that is available next to the Mail Shield option. Click on the dropdown near it.
- Proceed by selecting Stop Permanently option.
- Try resending the email and see if the Gmail error 007 is fixed.
Did that fix your problem?
Tips on How to Prevent Gmail Error 007
After knowing some of the reasons why Gmail error 007 pops up and all the possible methods that may solve the issue, it’s also advisable to understand how to prevent this error from occurring in the future.
Here are the tips you need to follow to avoid Gmail error 007:
- You should ensure that you are using an up-to-date browser because outdated browsers may trigger the error.
- To avoid any more errors and make your PC faster, you should try clearing your cookies and cache.
- Another tip you can opt to is block the adds-ons available in your browser and uninstall all the browser extensions.
- After performing the above tasks, try closing and opening your browser.
- You can also attempt using the Gmail application without any labs.
- Finally, try disabling your antivirus. If this solves your issue, try using another antivirus or seek help from your antivirus company to go through it.
Gmail error 007 is widely experienced. Hopefully, if you keenly follow all the above-listed solutions, one of the methods will fix your problem immediately. Good luck!