Are you unable to watch some of the Netflix shows? Well, many Netflix users have complained that at times they are unable to watch some or certain shows as they notice the error M7111-1931-404 pop up on their screens. Many of those who are hit are usually PC users; however, the error can pop up on TV or even mobile devices.
Netflix error code M7111-1931-404 has proven to be a hard task to fix for many Netflix users because it lacks a procedure on the Netflix support page. This article will provide you with everything you need to know about Netflix Error Code M7111-1931-404 and all the possible methods you can use to fix it.
What Causes Netflix Error Code M7111-1931-404?
Several investigations conducted have revealed several situations that will always trigger Netflix error code M7111-1931-404.
Below are some of the significant suspects that may have unleashed Netflix error code M7111-1931-404:
Netflix servers are down in your area. Just as mentioned, Netflix servers may be down in your area, or this error can be triggered whenever there is a technical problem experienced by a Netflix server used in your area.
VeeHD Browser extension is interfering with the streaming. Well, there is an extension in Google Chrome that is common with triggering this type of error. Do you have VeeHD extension? If so, try uninstalling it, and the error may be fixed.
Sideloaded extension is creating issues. Many Netflix extensions are only sideloaded, which are unable to work after a recent update.
Adblock is preventing your browser from getting the content. This is one of the main reasons that cause this type of error. This type of error is usually fixed whenever one removed the Adblock extension from their PC.
How to Fix Netflix Error Code M7111-1931-404
If you are stranded to watch shows on Netflix due to Error code M7111-1931-404, we will discuss all the solutions that have been done by other users and have helped fix the error code. Follow the procedures keenly to avoid conflicts one by one until you land on a method that fixes your issue.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Solution 1: Disable your AdBlock
Just as mentioned earlier, one of the potential reasons why you may be experiencing this type of error is because you are using adblocking extensions such as AdBlock or AdBlock Plus. Again, many users have always reported that the problem vanished after disabling these extensions. If you cannot afford to remove AdBlock, you may consider not eliminating it entirely but usually remove it whenever you want to watch shows on Netflix.
Here are the steps you need to follow to remove the AdBlock from your Chrome Browser:
- Open your Google Chrome and type chrome ://extensions/ in the navigation bar and hit the Enter key to open extension tab.
- Scroll through all the listed extensions until you find Adblock or Adblock plus.
- You can easily disable it by the toggle located in the bottom right corner of the list. You can also remove the extension for good.
- After uninstalling your extension, you may now restart your browser and check if the issue has been fixed.
Solution 2: Remove the VeeHD Extension
The VeeHD Enhanced previously known just as the VeeHD is usually not compatible with Netflix. Do you have this extension? If so, there are high chances that this must be the reason why you are experiencing error code Netflix M7111-1931-404.
You can solve this issue by removing the VeeHD Enhanced extension by these easy steps:
- Open your Google Chrome and type chrome://extensions/ in the navigation panel and press Enter key.
- You should then scroll down through the listed extensions until you find the VeeHD Enhanced. You should then click Remove. Click yes to confirm the uninstallation of VeeHD Enhanced.
- Restart your browser and check if the issue is fixed.
If the issue is not solved, then try the solution three below.
Solution 3: Disable sideloaded Netflix Extension
Numerous extensions are usually sideloaded for Netflix. One of the most common extensions is an extension that demands Netflix to play a video at 1080pwith 5.1 sound.
Do you know that most of the extensions that are usually sideloaded are against Netflix’s terms and conditions. A recent Netflix update has been able to counter all the sideloaded extensions. If you may have an extension, this may be the reason you are experiencing an error code (Netflix M7111-1931-404.
Here are the steps you need to follow to fix the error:
- Open Google Chrome and type chrome://extensions/ in the navigation bar.
- Scroll down through the listed extensions and click on Remove option related to an extension you recently sideloaded.
- You should then proceed by clicking yes at the prompt to confirm that you want to uninstall the sideloaded extension.
- You should restart your browser and try watching Netflix to verify if the error is fixed.
Did that fix the error? Unfortunately, if the error persists, then try the second last solution four below.
Solution 4: Restore ISP’S Default Settings
Are you an iOS user? Well, you may try changing the settings of Internet Service Providers to default.
Here are the steps to follow:
- If you previously made changes to the ISP settings on your device, then try changing the settings to default.
- If perhaps you had manually changed the DNS, then you may consider restoring to default the settings to use the needed DNS settings.
- Are you using a VPN? If so, try disconnecting it and use your home network.
- If you lack all the needed information, you can seek assistance from the manufacturer’s manufacture.
Solution 5: Check the status of Netflix servers in your area
There is no need to panic if the error persists even after trying all the above-listed solutions. You should know that every Netflix user that reported the error was from areas that Netflix streaming was down. There is a need to note that most of these cases are rare, but since it can happen, you need to give a try.
The best place you can find out if Netflix servers are down is to go to their Twitter account and see if there are any updates regarding the issue. You can also check that from the Netflix status page if other users from your area are also experiencing the problem.
Wrapping it up
Solution five marks the end of our article. Hopefully, your problem must have been fixed by the above-mentioned solutions. Good luck!