Imagine you are having a tiring rough day and just sit to relax at your home. You turn on your PC and go to kitchen for relaxing yourself. YOU take out your favorite drink while PC is booting. You relax yourself on sofa seat and open your can of drink. Now, everything is set and you want your PC to boot so that you can play your favorite video game. Sadly, when you double click the icon, you immediately get the error “Physxloader.dll is missing”.
Surely, the first thing you are going to do is to restart your machine again. Anyways, the number of times you reboot your PC won’t really matter as you are surely going to get the same error message repeatedly. The problem can become more irritating, frustrating, and problematic especially when this is something new for you. One time you might think of punching your PC monitor immediately but you slow down and look for the ways to handle this issue.
If you are getting the error message “Physxloader.dll is missing” repeatedly, you need not to worry. We, in coming content, are going to teach you step-wise how to resolve this missing dll error. We have developed some solutions for the same and surely they are going to take you away from this error soon.
Before digging more, we better need to understand what “Physxloader.dll missing error? Is
A very first mistake normally users make is that they always think this is all due to malware or virus. In this case, please note that this mentioned error has nothing to do with malware or ransomeware infections. This can be a cause but one must not be so quick to decide. This dll file is a legal file and has nothing to do with unrealistic infections. Basically, this dll file is a direct link and a component of NVDIA PhysX, which is a real time engine to enhance your best gaming experiences through graphics card.
Before going for fixing and solutions, one must first understand the causes for the same. As said, the issue is related to DLL file specifically, which is an essential component for initiating games. Therefore, when this corrupts or is missing, you won’t ever be able to boot your game applications.
- 0.1 Various Error Formats
- 1 Conclusion
Various Error Formats
To be more precise, the error is displayed to users in numerous formats. These include:
- The file Physxloader.dll is missing
- Cannot start (Name of the Game). A required component is missing: physxloader.dll Please install (Name of the Game) again
- This program can’t continue because Physxloader.dll is missing from your computer
- Physxloader.dll Not Found
- This application failed to start because Physxloader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem
All of the above-mentioned error messages indicate that real issue is in DLL file. There is a possibility that the file may have been deleted by mistake or is corrupted. Therefore, it is never advisable to install any DLL file manually as they are directly connected to the program itself. Now, if you download and try any DLL manually, you put your OS at risk as there are not enough authentic resources to provide those files properly and accurately. Instead of roaming here and there, you should try any of the solutions provided by us in coming content
Solution 1: Installing NVIDIA PhysX
As already mentioned, the issue is directly with DLL file i.e. the same NVIDIA file. If the same is missing or corrupted, you can try downloading the same online but from the official website please. Install the file and then restart your OS plus your game. If this fixes the issue, its best; else, you can move ahead for another solution.
Solution 2: Running the PhysX Manually
If you already tried downloading the file manually from official site but still it doesn’t work, you can try running the software manually. The same can be done using the below-mentioned steps.
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+E. Doing so should let you open File Explorer
- Now, in the address bar, enter the path i.e.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common
- Once you’re inside the folder, look for the affected game’s folder. Open it, then double-click the redist folder
- Locate the PhysX EXE file, then double-click the same
- Try launching the game to see if the error is no more
Solution 3: Copying the Physxloader.dll File from a Working PC
Another solution you can try is to copy the file from a computer having same OS as well as processor. If you are able to find the similar machine with same specs, you can get DLL from there. Now, you can try the solution in two ways:
- Check your Windows Type
- Copy the file from machine with same specs as yours
For first option;
- Go to your taskbar, and then click the Search icon.
- Type “System Information” (no quotes) inside the box, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- You will see a new window which shows your operating system version and type
For second option;
- Boot the working PC from which you’ll get the Physxloader.dll file i.e. destination PC
- On the keyboard, press Windows Key+E and launch File Explorer
- Click the navigation bar, then enter the following path; C:\Windows\System32
- Once you’re inside the folder, click the Search box beside the navigation bar and type “Physxloader.dll” (no quotes) inside the box, then press Enter button
- You should now be able to see the Physxloader.dll file
- If you are unable to see the file in previous step, search the same in this folder: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- Once you find the Physxloader.dll file, copy it from there
- Go to the source PC now and paste the file in the same location where you copied the file from i.e. same as destination or target computer from where you copied the file
Solution 4: Updating Your Graphics Card Driver
This may be an issue where problem is with graphics card or driver. Maybe the same is outdated or is not configured well. It is therefore recommended that your drivers must be updated properly with the latest versions. Two methods you can follow in this regard
The first option should be using the Device Manager Using Some Authentic Driver Updater
Using the Device Manager
- Press Windows Key and launch the Run dialog box
- Type “devmgmt.msc” (without any quotes), then click OK
- After launching device manager, expand the contents of the Display Adapters category using the plus sign (+)
- Now, right-click your graphics card, then select Update Driver
- Select the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option
- Let your system find the updated driver
- Follow the complete on-screen instructions for installing it
- Please keep in mind that Windows can still miss the latest version of the driver. It can be challenging to go through all the drivers and find the one that is compatible with your OS and processor. If you install the wrong version, you may even end up with system instability issues
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
If Pc Performance is not stable due to outdated or corrupted drivers, this DLL missing issue can come too. You can use any good driver update application like Auslogics or any other. You can also use Windows Update for making proper and regular updates. It would be best if you perform updates using current OS repair or from Windows Update. It is not at all recommended to do updates using any third party applications because they can create issues instead of solving them.
Mostly, the programs, which use this file, include Dragon Age, Metro 2033, Industry Empire, Need for Speed, and few more. These are all those needing top-quality graphics and the same is provided by NVIDIA driver having the same DLL file. Having said that this DLL file is a technical one unlike other system or config files, therefore, chances of corruption or deletion are mostly from user side instead of any malicious application or software. If you have already tried all the ways we have given, the last option you are left with includes a clean and well performed installation of Windows OS.
This will put a fresh OS copy in your system replacing all old files with new ones. Other than that if still problem is there, you must then consider the problem as a cause of hardware failure for sure i.e. you will be replacing the hardware after testing it with some memory tool. This may include anything like replacing the memory, graphics card, hard disk, or anything according to nature of error received. It would be best and highly advisable to take the system to some specialist or computer expert having a sound knowledge of hardware plus software. This will save you from many other issues.
Note: Hardware failure is a very rare case but can’t be ignored for sure